Last Train of Borneo
One of the last bastions of colonial Borneo, board the only train service on the island into the naturally-set interiors of Sabah. The trip starts with a leisurely 2-hour drive through scenic coastal countryside to the town of Beaufort , and then by train through hills, forests, villages and plantations into the heart of Borneo . This trip showcases gardens, tropical fruits, beverages and lovely spices at Lagud Sebrang in Tenom, and then a visit to the Tambunan Rafflesia Information Centre the day after en-route to Kota Kinabalu.
- Drive about two hours overland to Beaufort
- Board a train for the 2-hour journey to Tenom via the scenic Padas gorge past tropical lowland rainforest, rubber plantations and native villages [Due to maintenance of the railway system, the train will not be in service until further notice. Journey will be continued by van/bus]
- Lunch at Tenom
- Visit an Agricultural Park (closed on Monday) displaying gardens, tropical fruits, beverages and spices at Lagud Sebrang
- Continue 46 km to Keningau
- Check-in to the hotel and overnight
- After breakfast, continue to Tambunan before crossing the Crocker Range
- Visit the Rafflesia Centre (1,200m above sea level)
- Return to Kota Kinabalu
- Breakfast/ Lunch
What to Bring
Sun block lotion, personal toiletries, insect repellent, walking shoes, hat, towel, torchlight, raincoat and water bottle.
Book for more than 20 people, contact us directly
Pick-up is from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu.
Single supplement for join-in adult traveller occupying a single room is MYR 50. This amount will be added in manually.
Please contact our reservation team at +60 88 438300 for any last minute booking made less than 3 days before the tour commencement date.
Additional surcharges will apply for pick-up and drop off outside Kota Kinabalu city area.